Saturday, October 25, 2014

Great Fall Session Today Near Lake Erie

Today was a great day for carp fishing with sunshine and warmer temperatures. The only downside was high winds at various points during the session. But didn't keep the carp from biting.

I caught a dozen or so common carp today with most weighing in the low to mid teens. There were two or three carp that stood out as a cut above the rest. My largest fish today weighed 22 pounds 10 ounces and the second largest tipped the scales at 21 pounds 5 ounces. I was hoping for a new personal best today, but I needed about 3 1/2 to 4 more pounds on a couple of the fish to make that happen.

Some of the photos are better than others. Many were taken with a 35 mm camera and some with my 4 year old cell phone after my wife, net person and photo guru left for home about 4:30.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I sure did enjoy catching the fish.


Upper teens




Upper teens








18 pounds

Release of 18 pounder

Double run as I was preparing to leave, the upper fish weighed 21 lbs. 5 oz.
21 pounds 5 ounces closer-up

22 pounder

22 pounds


Release of the 2nd largest fish of the day weighing 21 pounds 5 ounces

I ended the day reluctantly after landing my 12th common carp at 5:15 p.m. as the sun moved lower in sky. It was my best average fish size total to date and I ended up landing more than 160 pounds of carp. If I'd had some more ground bait mixed up, I might have stayed another hour. Who knows, a new personal best might have come with the next cast; or I might not have caught a single additional fish. And that in a nutshell is why carp fishing is so addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.