Sunday, October 19, 2014

Ranger Landing Nets

I have been very disappointed in the quality of carp landing nets that I have purchased so far. I have looked around at various options and determined that I need to buy something that is not a typical Euro-style carp net. There are a few options for heavy duty nets that are reasonably priced. I have decided to go with a Ranger net.

I found a Ranger Tournament Series Big Game flat bottom rubberized knotless net locally this morning. I wanted my wife to test it out to make sure it's not too heavy because she does most of the netting for me.

The Ranger net is stronger built than any carp net I've ever seen, it's made in the USA and it's a Detroit company. I wanted to look at their catalog before buying, so I just checked it out online and I'm going back later to get it.

Originally I thought I wanted a bigger one, but any bigger would be too heavy I think. The model 9855TFB has a 54" handle extendable to 84", a 34" head and a 24" deep sack. My current net is similar in size, but it's beginning to show some wear tear to go along with landing 104 carp this year.

Photo courtesy RangerNets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.