Saturday, May 23, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

I headed out early on Saturday to my favorite local lake for carp fishing.

The day started off with several catfish. I ended the day with 3 catfish in total.

9 pounder
3 pounder


The carp weren't far behind.


13 pounder


Big common carp in the net

Nice 20 pound 6 ounce common carp


Just prior to release this lunker back into the water

Here are a few more pictures from today's activities.

A shot of my Sonic bait runners
3rd carp of the day
4th carp of the day
I had another fish on that I lost. It was a good day to be sure. Bill was with me and landed the first fish of the session weighing 30 pounds 11 ounces. That gave me something to shoot for today, but I didn't catch anything nearing that size.

We'll back out on Monday to try again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information. I actually tried that park a few times early last year but didn't have great results. I completely agree about carp fishing being a very underrated type of fishing. I haven't been able to find another fish in the area that compares to fighting a 20+ lb carp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.