Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Results of Boilie Making

Caught on a homemade boilie
I wrote a previous post about my first attempt at boilie making several weeks ago. I tried them out in early March at a local venue, but water temps were still pretty cold and it wasn't really a good time to test them. This past weekend I finally got around to testing them out thoroughly and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

I fish with corn 95% of the time, but occasionally I will use commercial pop up dumbbells if fishing is slow.

The weekend was typical and I baited up with corn. I fished for 4 hours with no catches, so I decided to switch over to my homemade boilies. Guess what happened? I caught a new personal best small mouth buffalo near Lake Erie within 30 minutes!

You're probably wondering about the recipe. You can access it here via my previous post or simply keep reading.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup corn meal
  • 1 1/4 cup wheat flour
  • 6 jalapenos
  • 3 habaneros
  • 2 TBSP cayenne powder
  • 1 TBSP white pepper powder
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 2 TBSP sesame oil
  • 2 TBSP Southern Comfort


  • It's probably not a conventional recipe that most people would use, but I had to improvise a conventional recipe with ingredients I actually had on hand.

    I am pleased with the results.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.