Saturday, May 12, 2018

I'm Humbled

My first PB aka "personal best" from 5 years ago.
I was able to break that PB two more times that day.
I started this blog about 5 years ago with big ambitions. I had just discovered carp fishing and that the real possibility existed to catch 15-20 pound fish on a consistent basis from my local waters with no boat required.

As a kid who grew up on a farm catching bluegill, bass and crappie with a float bobber, I was sure that sharing my discovery with the world would result in more than a few admirers.

It hasn't turned out that way, but I have continued to update this carp fishing blog for my own enjoyment and with the hope that seeing my pictures and stories will inspire others (maybe even you) to try catching a few carp. It's a great stress relief after a week of work, it's a good way to spend some time outside and it's a nice way to get some exercise.

Visitors to this blog broken down by country

The graphic above is provided by Google as an insight for bloggers so they can see the types of visitors viewing these web pages. By no means is this considered "great" or even "good", but for a farm kid from Missouri who grew up digging red wigglers and fishing in a 1/2 acre "cow pond" for whatever would bite the hook, knowing that people from around the U.S. and around the world have taken some interest, albeit a very small interest, in my fishing exploits helps make it just a little more worthwhile and provides the motivation to continue doing it. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.