Saturday, May 26, 2018

River Carping

I really enjoy catching carp from rivers. Lakes are fine too, but there is something about the carp in rivers that make it more rewarding.

It could be the expanse of the river making it all the more challenging, but likely it's the current in rivers that make the carp stronger pound for pound and very unpredictable.

I didn't have any luck today, but I did take this interesting picture of my spot.

This river runs into Lake Erie. The spawn is at its peak this weekend so fishing is pretty tough going right now.
This picture is from a few years ago, but it's still one of my all-time favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.