Saturday, May 5, 2018

Day 1: 2018 Carp Anglers Group Midwest Regionals

On March 4th, 5th and 6th, we attended the Carp Anglers Group Midwest Regional Tournament in Bay City Michigan on the Saginaw River.

Friday afternoon had wind gusts up to 65 mph and sustained winds at 35 mph. Practice and prebaiting was not really possible. You could have surfed some of the waves on the river.

Saturday morning provided fantastic conditions on the river. It was glass smooth for the first hour or so.

I was fortunate enough to catch a common carp tipping the scales at 33 pounds 2 ounces. It's the largest fish I've caught on the Saginaw River and 2nd biggest carp I've ever landed. Here are some pictures.

33 pounds 2 ounces

I love this picture.

Here are some other fish I caught on Saturday.








We only weighed fish at 20 pounds or bigger.  I had one at 19 pounds 10 ounce and another at 18 pounds 9 ounces. If they had only eaten a little more last week those fish might have made the cut. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.