Monday, September 30, 2019

Fish for Enjoyment

Fishermen are competitive.  I am no exception. I like to catch fish where others have avoided or ignored. If a particular lake or river is difficult then I'm more likely to desire fishing there.

I ran across a quote recently from street photographer Eric Kim:
"Ignore your 'competition' - because you have no real competitors.  You are in a category of your own, therefore it is pointless to try to compare yourself with others."
Those words are a good reminder that we will likely enjoy fishing for our own enjoyment more than if we focus purely on its competitive nature.

So the next time someone asks why you fish for carp or display skepticism with the weight of a fish, recalling that quote might help.

A fish picture I processed in Snapseed, a free post -processing application

And if you want to improve your general photography knowledge, check out Eric's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.