Friday, September 13, 2019

Big Carp Plans

I had big plans today. Then the weather forecasters had to go and mess it up. :-)

I was planning to fish a new (to me) body of water. But with the supposed rain, we stuck closer to home and fished a friendly venue where the vehicles can remain nearby.  I caught 11 carp and a decent looking catfish.

Once I dialed in on the proper casting distance, the fish "were on" (like Donkey Kong). The ground bait included prepared field corn, bird seed, cream corn, panko, peanut suet, and butternut flavoring. The hook baits included a piece of Enterprise buoyant fake corn soaked in Trilogy's bumbleberry flavor and two pieces of creamy butternut tournament corn from Trilogy. The catfish and one of the carp were caught on a pop up from World Classic Baits tipped with a piece of fake corn.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.