Sunday, October 4, 2020

2nd Carp Fishing Trip to New River Spot

This time of year I schedule vacation time on Fridays to take advantage of the carp fishing conditions. The cool weather seems to spur the carp to "put on the feed". As the natural food sources begin to decrease, the carp seem to be more willing to feed on baits provided by fishermen.

This spot has only yielded 2 carp (and 7 catfish) so far, but this 19 pounder was a welcome addition to the tally.


I pixelated the background on this picture out of courtesy to a fellow fisherman. It's a spot I scouted 4 years ago with Linda while we were traveling, but never got around to fishing. I mentioned it to a friend last year, who fished it in October 2019. He absolutely killed it there with numerous fish greater than 20 pounds and a couple over 30 pounds. 

For the investigative types reading this post wondering where it is, I can tell you it's not the Rouge, Detroit or Raisin rivers that I have frequented in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.