Saturday, June 11, 2022

Kids Carp Fishing at Gallup Park in Ann Arbor

A few more photos from the kids carp fishing event at Ann Arbor's Gallup Park today. My area of the Huron River yielded 13 or 14 carp. 

The bites were so frequent early on that I didn't get pictures of all the fish kids reeled in on my rods and bait. 

It was my third time helping out and my first time being interviewed for a television program. Whether it actually makes it into the final cut remains to be seen, but it was neat seeing the efforts to capture event footage via drones, GoPros and a 47 megapixel LUMIX digital camera and Leica lens combo that was probably pushing $6,000+. My cell phone camera is now jealous - big time. 

If any of my footage is used it will be on Michigan Out of Doors this Thursday on local PBS programming.





This annual event is held near the Rotary playground area in the back of the park.

3 comments:

  1. When will the next one be

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the dates are established yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's established yet for 2023.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.