Sunday, June 12, 2022

Tiger Nuts for Carp Fishing


I used the Reel Carp Reel Fun event at Gallup Park to test some prepared tiger nuts as carp bait. 

I've always been a skeptic concerning tiger nuts. I used them a few times early in my carp fishing pursuit, didn't catch, and set them aside.

On Saturday, my first, second and third carp fell to tiger nuts. Surprise!

My original goal for the event was to fish strictly with tiger nuts and nothing else - no corn, no boilies.

Needing the bites to come faster, I switched to corn but my confidence in tiger nuts is improved from the experience.

The fish seemed to respond better to corn on my hair rigs, but it wasn't really an ideal test because I didn't have tiger nuts included in my packbait. That would be a better test, but an even better test would be to fish two rods - one with corn and one with tiger nuts and include tiger nuts and corn in equal amounts within the packbait. 

Doing that for 3 days straight would be a more ideal test and better indicator. But extending the test for a week would be even better.


1 comment:

  1. Fishing 2 rods on a rod pod, have often caught more fish on one rod than the other using the same bait. So to make your compaireson, you would might have to alternate baits on your rods. Just my experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.