Friday, June 17, 2022

Start Fly-fishing for < $100

Many people consider fly-fishing but get discouraged while shopping for equipment. My local outfitter showed me an "entry level" rod priced at nearly $300 a couple years ago. 

But the video below demonstrates that fly fishing doesn't always need to be cost prohibitive. 


My local Walmart doesn't have fly fishing equipment, but these items could be ordered online easily.

For carp fly-fishing, I've been told that an 8 wt rod is recommended. Carp require something stronger than the trout in the video. 

I've been meaning to do a similar exercise with affordable spinning rods for carp fishing using readily available Walmart, Dick's or Cabelas rods for carp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.