Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fourth Tip for Catching More Carp

Last year I used to mix up my ground bait for a carp fishing session before leaving the house. I mixed 2 TBSP's per can of cream corn. Also, I used to mix up 2lbs. of oatmeal all at one time. Needless to say it dried out, before the session ended.

Photo courtesy ShopBettys.com
 
This year I have been mixing my flavors into my ground bait after arriving at my favorite fishing spots. I mix it in smaller batches, which reduces the tendency to dry out. I've also been using much more flavoring per can of cream corn. I think the smaller batches creates more intensity of flavor in the ground bait as well.

I firmly believe this small change in methodology has added several more carp to my fishing totals in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.