Monday, September 29, 2014

Vomit Corn for Carp Fishing

9/29/14 Update: I tested the "vomit" corn on one rod. I put it straight on the hair rig and used the same Panko and cream corn pack bait that I always use. I didn't get any activity on that rod at all, until I switched it back to my normal flavored pineapple flavored corn I always use.

I boiled up some corn several months ago with intentions to use it in my Panko ground bait this summer. I failed to realize how far a 5 gallon bucket will go for carp bait. I still have 2 1/2 gallons of the boiled corn. It's starting to stink something fierce.

I've been reading online about using "vomit" corn for carp fishing. The boiled corn I made is starting to stink so badly it does in fact smell like vomit at this point. So it ought to be very productive as carp bait at this point, if that is a legitimate qualifier. We'll find out tomorrow.

I have another day off from work and will spend it at a local lake enjoying this early fall weather. I plan to use the corn on a hair rig exclusively on 1 rod. If that rod catches carp, then I'll consider the experiment a success. If I catch carp on the other rods, but not on the "vomit" corn, I'll consider the experiment inconclusive pending further testing.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.