Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Carp Fishing Session

I had a day of vacation, so I decided to spend it fishing for carp. It was a perfect day with calm winds, a beautiful sunrise, calm water with a smooth fog on the water early in the day.

Sunrise shortly after 8 a.m.
I am a big fan of pineapple, but today I used grape flavoring for the first time. I was surprised by the strength of the scent, but the strong grape flavor and odor yielded this nice 17 pound carp.


17 pounds

A little while later I caught another nice sized carp that was very thick around the middle, but skinny in the tail section. As the carp lay in the net I actually thought it had a bent spine. Do fish get scoliosis?


Bent tail
The tail straightened out nicely when I posed it for a picture. If the fish ever grows a tail to match its middle section it would probably add another 5 pounds in total weight.
 
14 pounds
 A short time later I landed my 3rd fish of the day - a nice 9 pounder.

9 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.